What is the chief end of man?
Man’s chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
– Westminster Larger Catechism
- the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
We adhere to following standards: (Click on the title below.)